Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Homemade Chips

So, I use this website called Lose It! (thanks again to Haley for introducing me) to track my calorie intake and calories burned. I am on a 1400 calorie plan, including my exercise (so really it's more like a 1700 calorie plan), and I decided since I had 800 calories left to consume, I would splurge a little with carbs. I made some homemade potato chips... take a looksie:


In hindsight, I could have added a few more cloves of garlic, and maybe sprinkled a little salt. Also, for crispier chips, I could have let them go about 5-10 minutes longer. But overall, they're pretty tasty and very filling! By eating all of them, I consumed probably around 400 calories. Like I said, this was a splurge since I was so under my calories for the day. Potatoes = unnecessary carbs. Stay healthy!

No comments:

Post a Comment